Human skin is the covering or integument, of the body's surface that provides protection and receives sensory stimuli from the external environment. The skin consists of three layers of tissue the epidermis, an outermost layer that contains the primary protective structure, the dermis, a fibrous layer that supports and strengthens the epidermis and the subcutis, a subcutaneous layer of fat beneath the dermis that supplies nutrients to the other two layers and that cushion and insulates the body (1). Because it interfaces with the environment, skin plays a key immunity role in protecting the body against pathogens and excessive water loss. Its other functions are insulation, temperature regulation, sensation, synthesis of vitamin D and the protection of vitamin B folates. Severely damaged skin will try to heal by forming scar tissue(2).
The skin forms an effective barrier between the organism and the environment preventing invasion of pathogens and fending off chemical and physical assaults, as well as the unregulated loss of water and solutes (3) hair has played a significant role in our society it is associated with youthfulness and beauty in women and virility and masculinity in men so it's no surprise that hair loss can make many men and women feel self-conscious (4).
A nail is a horn-like envelope covering the tips of the fingers and toes in humans, fingernails and toenails are made of a tough protective protein called keratin. Their function is protecting the distal phalanx, the fingertip and the surrounding soft tissues from injuries. It also serves to enhance precise delicate movements of the distal digits through counter-pressure exerted on the pulp of the finger (5).
Why Life On Perfect?
Life On Perfect has the perfect blend of hydrolyzed collagen, Vitamin A, B, C, D, E, Soy-Isoflavones, Grape seed extract, Magnesium, Manganese, Copper and these are most essential components to maintain a healthy skin.
Collagen represents a family of 28 different proteins, which account for 30% of the total protein mass in the human body and play a pivotal role in the structure of several tissues, such as skin and bones, providing rigidity and integrity (6).
Soy isoflavones called aglycones shows improving the appearance of aging skin, including the diminishing of fine lines, wrinkles and also helps in preventing hair loss (7).
Grape seed extract contains Oligomeric Proanthocyanidins(OPCs) which are powerful antioxidants. Antioxidants protect cells from unstable molecules that can cause damage to healthy cells on the skin, OPCs in grape seed extract contain 20 times the antioxidant power of Vitamin E and 50 times the antioxidant power of Vitamin C. It also helps in treating hair loss (8).
Benefits of Life On Perfect
Hydrolysed collagen based oral supplementation was effective in the improvement of skin elasticity and structure of the dermis. A collagen supplementation with Vitamin C presents a potential product to act effectively on the improvement on the aged skin condition (9).
Soy isoflavones helps in improving the appearance of aging skin, including the diminishing of fine lines and wrinkles, improve skin firmness by encouraging collagen production and promote the repair of elastin fibers, it also reverse common signs of sun damage such as fine lines, blotchiness, discoloration and skin roughness(7), it also helps in preventing hair loss and baldness (10).
Biotin helps in treating symptoms like thinning of the hair (often with loss of hair color) and red scaly rash around the eyes, nose and mouth. Biotin helps in brittle fingernails and toenails by increasing the thickness of fingernails and toenails (11).
Biotin helps in maintenance of normal hair and skin (12).
Grape seed extract is known for its antioxidant properties, primary benefit of grape seed extract is its ability to prevent free radicals from damaging cells and skin (13).
Grape seed extract benefits the skin's appearance by bonding with collagen, which is the building block of healthy skin, to maintain skin cell health and skin's elasticity.
Grape seed extract is also used in hair loss treatment (8).
Biotin, Copper, Niacin, Riboflavin, Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Zinc helps in the maintenance of normal skin (15).
Biotin, Copper Selenium and Zinc helps in maintenance of normal hair (16).
Selenium and Zinc helps in maintenance of normal nails (17).
1. Human skin, http://www.britannica.com/science/human-skin
2. Human skin, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_skin
3. The skin: an indispensable barrier, Experimental Dermatology, Volume 17, Issue 12, pages 1063–1072, December 2008
4. The Importance of Hair Throughout History, www.belgraviacentre.com /blog/the-importance-of-hair-throughout-history/
5. Nail (anatomy), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nail_(anatomy)
6. Effects of a nutritional supplement containing collagen peptides on skin elasticity, hydration and wrinkles. J Med Nutr Nutraceut 2015;4:47-53
7. Soy Skin Benefits,www.livestrong.com /article /175646 -soy-skin-benefits/
8. Grape Seed Extract and Skin Benefits, www.livestrong.com/article/131725-grape-seed-extract-skin-benefits/
9. An Oral Supplementation Based on Hydrolyzed Collagen and Vitamins Improves Skin Elasticity and Dermis Echogenicity: A Clinical Placebo-Controlled
Study, Clinical Pharmacology & Biopharmaceutics journal, ISSN: 2167-065X
10. Soybean And Baldness Preventation: Apparently, There Is A Link, www.scq.ubc.ca/soybean-and-baldness-preventation-apparently-there-is-a-link/
11. BIOTIN, www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-313-biotin.aspx?a
12. Biotin, http://ec.europa.eu/nuhclaims/
13. Grapeseed Extract & Hair Loss, www.livestrong.com/article/501997-grapeseed-extract-hair-loss/
14. Skin, http://ec.europa.eu/nuhclaims/
15. Hair, http://ec.europa.eu/nuhclaims/
16. Nails, http://ec.europa.eu/nuhclaims/